Thursday, July 24, 2008

Simply delicious..the Prawn Gassi at Signature...

It's been a long time since i've had really good seafood....My friend Debug suggested that we have dinner at some restaurant. I agreed on the condition that he'd decide the place. Couldn't take that task that drains so much of my thinking power. Had quite some other things to bother about..and deciding the dining place wasn't something i wanted to add to the list..

Thankfully Debug is quick in giving me 2 options..Both sound good..We call Bad-Car to see if he wants to have dinner..but, Bad-Car has an upset stomach and so opts out...So we decide to go to Signature..I've been wanting to have seafood since long, so Signature was the best bet, being tried and tested by Debug and Bad-Car...

We order a chicken starter, something to drink and are just hopin we get our food sooner..both of us are pretty hungry, and the wait until the food arrives only seems increasing...the starter was good, though i'd have preferred it with lesser chilli...I'm not so much of a chiili/spice person..frankly speakin i'm prefer very lil spice in my food..i'd rather the chilli stay in the fridge than get into my food unnecessarily....

Main-course time..We decide on Prawn Gassi with Neer Dosa and Appam...Debug gives special instructions to the person takin our order .. the chef better make the Prawn Gassi with fresh prawns cooked well enough so that there's no raw prawn smell..esle Debug would rather give the Gassi a miss..

The food takes some time to reach our table..but once it on the table, i'm so relieved..finally i get my food..Prawn gassi with neer dosa/appam...i cringe a lil seeing the gravy color though..looks like it may be a lil spicy for my taste...but i'm being an optimist thinking the curry is gonna be just fine and the prawns are gonna be superb...and what do ya know??? I'm partially correct...though the gravy was a lil spicy for my tastebuds..the prawns were just so tender and tasty..besides the prawns my mom cooks at home, these come only a second...never had such fresh and well cooked tender prawns anywhere in Pune before...

You may think i'm just exaggerating a tad too much..but lemme tell ya...Even Debug who is a very finicky eater when it comes to fish/seafood couldnt stop sayin that the Gassi was awesome....he's one person who would skip the fish preparation if it smells of fish even a wee bit..so sensitive is he to fish smell...both of us were really happy that our dinner was simply delicious... Debug was very generous and let me have most of the Prawns....

We made sure we informed the Captain and our attendant , about how much we loved the Prawn Gassi...All in all, it was a wonderful dinner...Signature surely rocks!

No comments: